CosPro Marketing works together with brands and retailers to come up with innovative solutions to specific problems as well as marketing strategies. Check out some examples of how we’ve helped clients succeed! You can also view our White Paper Reports on hot retail topics.
Click on a category to view
Get the Look Book
As a result of the pandemic, shoppers are keeping more of a distance, and the lack of store testers means customers aren’t able to receive in-store demonstrations from beauty experts. CVS needed a way to keep beauty shoppers engaged with exciting content that would educate them on which products they can use to “get the look”.
CosPro Marketing created a program in which brands can participate in an exciting event that offers customers a free Get the Look Book including step by step tutorials and how-to’s, product suggestions, and QR codes leading to bonus content on brands’ websites. Because of the pandemic, do it yourself tutorials and coupn use are trending higher than ever. The Get the Look Book includes valuable coupons to encourage sales and makes a great take-home educational guide for customers to refer to.
- Event includes an eye-catching table display with easel card, Get the Look Books in acrylic stand and table skirt
- Helps associates engage with customers and build their cart
- 70% of shoppers surveyed want interaction with associates
- The average transaction amount soars 81% after positive interaction with an associate
- In-store coupons have a higher redemption rate – up to 25% in our programs
Rite Aid Trade Show
Rite Aid needed a way to attract attention to Beauty Booths at their annual store management and supplier trade show, and vendors needed a way not only to attract the store managers to their booths but to engage and interact with them. CosPro Marketing created and executed an annual “game” that the store managers participated in to win prizes. Each year was a different theme and included fun elements – such as costume contests, unique prizes and game collateral. From “Boss Empowered”, an Austin Powers themed decoded message game (complete with Groovy Spa Briefcase and decoder glasses) to “Captain Rite Aid” the comic book hero who saved Rite Aid; the participation increased annually and both the vendors and the associates looked forward to it each year.
- CosPro Marketing handled all creative design and execution for the event for 8 years
- Included themed collateral such as tshirts, games, posters, prizes and more
Scratch Off Coupons
- 10% redemption rate (versus average of 1% redemption rate for printed coupons)
- Can be customized for a FREE product in place of samples
In-Store Skin Care Demonstration
CosPro Marketing’s Agency executed a skin care event featuring Clean & Clear and Neutrogena products at 75 HEB Stores. The Beauty Experts completed more than 650 demonstrations of Neutrogena’s Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes and distributed over 1,200 flyers on both brands to eager shoppers. A total of 1,365 products were sold; at least 2 products were sold for every demo completed. Many customers commented they had never heard of the products before our demonstration!
- 209% closure rate!
- 18 sales per store during the 4-hour event
- 131 store associates trained on the products to help with future sales
Product Launch Book
One of our most popular programs is a high-end publication that highlights new product launches and includes a detachable coupon page. The books can be customized for consumers or store associates and can include tutorials as well as product training. High-value coupons provide Beauty Consultants the chance to try products at a low price in order to give their personal testimony and recommendations to customers. Consumer coupon brochures incentivize shoppers to bounce back into the store to purchase a new product.
- Currently distributed at CVS; trains Beauty Consultants for 36 cents each!
- Distributed to 750 stores
- NEW for 2021: Gratis Testers added for Beauty Consultant Trial
- Can be customized as a consumer publication with how-to’s, tutorials and customer coupon brochure
- 45% of all shoppers use coupons most or all of the time
Revlon wanted to increase their cosmetic sales at Walgreens before Valentine’s Day.
CosPro Marketing implemented a gift-with-purchase including a foil stamped gift box with ribbon, retractable Revlon lip brush, Revlon Super Lustrous Love Is On Lipstick and coupon booklet. Walgreens customers received the gift with any $20 Revlon cosmetics purchase. The program was such a success that stores ran out earlier than expected!
- Over $30K in sales with a 1 week sell-through
CosPro Marketing specializes in launch kits and on-going interaction and education kits for store associates. Kits normally contain custom designed training materials, easel cards or tester/sample displays, coupons, brochures, gift-with-purchase items along with product samples and testers. These are distributed either via a shared vendor monthly beauty box that goes DSD or to the chain’s DC’s or mail bag.
- More than 3.6 million interaction kits shipped without missing a deadline
- 100 million+ samples distributed in-store to date
- Saved Walgreens vendors more than $3 million annually in shipping costs
- 25% coupon redemption rate vs. 1% for FSI coupons and 2.7% for digital coupons
Interactive Beauty Consultant Kiosk – Emma
Rite Aid did not have Beauty Consultants in all stores and needed a way for customers to get answers to their questions at any time.
CosPro Marketing created and implemented a test program for a Beauty Consultant Kiosk – Emma. Emma was an easy-to-use touch screen kiosk that helped consumers choose products and get up to date advice. While one full-time beauty associate would cost a store about $30,000 per year in salary, Emma was there 24/7 at a cost of less than $3,000 per year. CosPro Marketing created the back-end software system so that the vendors involved in the program could add products, videos and images on their own.
- Estimated savings of $27K per year per store!
- Reliable data updated daily
- Accessible all store hours
Brand Launch Into Retail
- Launched into 6,500 stores
- Less than $2 cost per store
- More than 65K sample bags distributed
- Over 20K store associates trained
CVS needed a way to get the new Care Concierge to interact with customers.
CosPro Marketing created a sampling and training program for 750 CVS HealthHub Stores – handling everything from concept to completion including collating samples, designing HealthHub brochures and customized coupon into beautiful organza bags, and shipping as new HealthHub stores open throughout the year. Ongoing training included a Care Concierge Newsletter.
- 75K samples distributed
- Only 14 cents per sample cost per vendor
- Average of 10 samples per bag
- Over $35 value in bounce-back coupon book alone
Chains needed a way to tap into the college student spending power of $574 billion and gain them as loyal customers.
CosPro Marketing created a shared vendor program that puts samples directly in the hands of college students. Sample bags containing 8 to 10 samples and a bounce-back coupon book were hung on dorm doors and distributed by a brand ambassador at sororities and campus clubs.
- 100K reached since 2016 & 3 million+ impressions
- Less than 29 cents per sample cost to vendor
- Included social media hashtags and prizes for submitted pictures annually
- 100% profit for chains – completely vendor funded
- Higher vendor ROI as shared costs with other vendors and across retailers
DID YOU KNOW? We have distributed over 16 MILLION samples through our shared sample programs!
Gift with Purchase
Kinney Drugs wanted to compete with the beauty subscription box programs, but shipping costs can be so high.
CosPro Marketing designed a custom gift with purchase sample bag that could be marketed in store on a high traffic endcap. The program included custom printed sleeve with product images/description, 10 samples, a coupon book, and a shelf dangler to promote it on the shelves. The bag was free with any $19.99 beauty purchase or could be purchased at $9.99.
- 10 brands included
- 1800 bags distributed
- Over 1200 bags sold in 2 months
- 87% sell through rate
Wellness Sample Box
Retail chains were looking for a health & wellness program to surprise and delight customers while introducing them to a variety of product lines.
CosPro Marketing created a BEST in Wellness Sample Box Program shared and paid for by multiple vendors. The box contained $35 worth of products and retailed for $9.99. A custom coupon booklet was also included in the box, to incentivize shoppers to purchase the full-size product after trying the sample.
- 10K boxes distributed/80K samples
- $10 of coupons included in box
- $35 value/retail for $9.99
- Vendor funded = 100% profit for chain
Four manufacturers needed last-minute management of a joint sweepstakes at Rite Aid.
CosPro Marketing saved the day by handling all the elements of a multi-tiered event for Unilever, Schick, Bayer and Kimberly Clark. The Hot Days, Cool Cash event was not only a consumer sweepstakes with a top prize of $10,000, but also had an in-store endcap, store participation contest and Single Check Rebate gift with purchase program.
- 200K sweepstakes entries
- 500K in sales
- Complete management of contest including website, receipt of entries and distribution of prizes
Walgreens needed a new, more efficient way to train their Beauty Advisors. In the past, each brand would hold schools and the Advisors were out a full day per brand. This was costing both the brands and the chain millions of dollars each year, and the ROI couldn’t support that.
CosPro Marketing created a day of training with 20-minute segments dedicated to the NEW items from each brand; providing the Advisors with easy to remember points of difference per product. The training day consisted of demonstrating hands-on techniques, customer role playing and LIVE quizzing via our Audience Response System. CosPro Marketing also created a follow along bi-lingual training manual, certificates, and gifts for attendees.
- Saved chain & vendors $6 million+ annually
- Lowest training cost per participant
- Average grade was 89%
- 6500 advisors trained in 6 weeks in 130 regions
- 9.4/10 rating by those surveyed
- 150:1 return on vendor investment
- Double-digit sales lift
- 54 million impressions for 1/2 cent each
- $45 million sales on participating brands
- $168K GWP sales